Young Adults Know How to Fake It

When human interaction stands in the way of a solitary moment, 30% of young adults pretend to use their phones.

It sounds like a crazy concept. ��Why would someone want to avoid human interaction?�� But in addition to the shy, reclusive or loner types, there are times when we all wish we could avoid other (perhaps select) humans. Right? Or am I simply a part of the 30%...?

Actually, I'm not. I have not pretended to use my cell phone to avoid nearby humans (I simply leave the room), but according to this Pew Internet and American Life Project survey (via Mashable), many adults age 18-29 have done just that.

Interestingly, nearly 1/3 of users actually turn their phones off for a period of time just to get a break!

I do that too �C just before the movie starts. When the credits roll, I turn the phone back on and get back to my ��connected�� life.

Follow me @LouisBedigian

No comments:

Post a Comment